Yikes! There are so many people I like to send Halloween cards to, and I basically have two more days to get my cards made and sent out. Mail takes longer to get to mainland destinations from Hawaii, so I'd better get on the stick. But at least I got my craft room set up enough to get some done!
I love, love, love the sayings in the Stampin' Up! Tee-hee-hee Photopolymer Stamp Set! Some of them soooo perfectly fit my favorite (only?) niece, AND said favorite niece spends the whole year figuring out what her Halloween Party is going to feature. I had the pleasure to attend one of the parties a few years ago, and I wish I could be on the east coast to attend others. Oh, my, her Halloween parties are over the top! So, of course, I'll be sending this card off to her.
I've used five of the stamps from this set for this card (two are on the inside). I wanted the sentiment stamp to be the featured stamp in this card, so I thought of placing it on a strip that would go along the width of a 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" card. Once I made that decision, I had to figure out what I'd do with the top and bottom. I decided to put a hat on the top and the darling shoes on the bottom. After I'd put one of each on the card, it occurred to me that adding one more on each side would be perfect!
Back to the sentiment, but just briefly. I still didn't know what I wanted to do with it. So I designed the layering for the card as my next part of the project. I am back into my old habit of leaving everything out from one project before I start on the next, and I still had some papers that I'd used for one of my next newsletter articles out – papers from the Stampin' Up! Color Me Autumn Designer Series Paper set. I really wanted to show off at least one of those papers, so I started my layering. As I couldn't make up my mind about which paper to use, I ended up using two – the Crushed Curry and the Cajun Craze solid type designs. But right on top of one another, they didn't really "pop." That thin little layer of Basic Black Cardstock took care of that problem and I was off to the races! The one thing I had to do was to trim my stamped layer down a bit more than I had originally designed. But I'd left plenty of room, so trim away I did.
Finally I had to tackle that sentiment strip, and I spotted my roll of 1-1/4" Burlap Ribbon, which had hardly ever been used. Why not make that the base layer of the strip! I cut it the width of the card and then notched each end before fringing each notch. Stamping some Very Vanilla Cardstock using Cajun Craze ink, and layering that on some Basic Black, again with just a small bit showing, finished my strip.
What a fun card, and I'm sure Margie will love it!
Here is a quick look at the inside stamping, which I placed in the lower left corner, and I've included a layout sketch!
And here are the products I featured in this project. To buy any of them, all you have to do is click on the picture and you will be taken to my online Stampin' Up! store. Easy!