Hi, There, Stampers!
I can’t believe that we’re already almost finished one week in July! And here I am just introducing you to one of my favorite new Stampin’ Up! Stamps. It’s just one because there are so many new stamps with the new Stampin’ Up! July – December Mini Catalog AND Stampin’ Up!’s Second Sale-a-bration Promotion of the year.
Hippest Hippos – Today’s Favorite
I’ll be sharing a lot of the Hippest Hippo Stamp Set over the next couple of weeks. I have to tell you that this was not my first choice of FREE SALE-A-BRATION products. But then I saw what other Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators were doing with it and its coordinating Hippos Dies. I was hooked. OK, maybe a bit too much. But I was having fun and there’s nothing wrong with that.
What’s the Video All About?
If you look (and not even too closely) at the card at the beginning of this article, you’ll see that the Hippos are all lined up and nicely spaced horizontally. No, that’s not my skill at stamping free-hand. The way I made this critters look so straight was to use the Stamparatus stamp-positioning tool. I know I’ve shown you cards I made using the Hinge-Step Stamping technique. And, up until now, I’ve just said something like, “go look up a video.” But this time, I’ve got my own video to which to point you. It’s nothing fancy, but I hope it gives you a good idea about how to use this tool to line up stamps. And I have one section on lining up vertically as well. Click HERE to see the video.
One of the samples I created in making this video is the stamped image layer on this card. When I was finished with the video, I just went ahead and used these cuties in this card.
Stampin’ Up! Products Used For This Card
- Mint Macaron Cardstock for the Card Base and the back layer in the central section
- Poppy Parade Cardstock for the middle layer in the central section
- Basic White Cardstock for the stamped layer
- Rings of Love Designer Series Paper (FREE with a $50 Stampin’ Up! purchase during Sale-a-bration)
- Hippest Hippo Stamp Set (FREE with a $50 Stampin’ Up! purchase during Sale-a-bration)
- Stampin’ Blends: Gray Granite Light (for the light parts of the Hippos); Smoky Slate Light (for the dark parts of the Hippos); Poppy Parade Dark and Mint Macaron Dark (for the flowers); Balmy Blue Dark (for the eyes)
I hope you enjoy the project and the video on how to do the stamping!