My Stampin’ Up! work this week has focused on getting ready for tomorrow’s stamp camp on O’ahu, and believe me, I’m ready! My Stampin’ Up! Craft & Carry Tote is loaded up and ready for the quick interisland flight.
A quick aside – about that Craft & Carry Tote. It is part of an incentive package for those of you who sign up to be Stampin’ Up! demonstrators during Sale-a-Bration. When you pay $129 for a Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit, you can choose any $175 worth of Stampin’ Up! products PLUS the Craft & Carry Tote!
And, yes, it will fit perfectly under the seat in front of me for my flight!
Now back to my swaps (filling half of my tote, by the way). Usually, when I make a card I stamp, then glue the stamped image and any other layers I’ve planned, then add ribbon, put the whole card together, then add any embellishments I’ve chosen. But that involves picking up a piece, grabbing the glue or tape, adding the glue, putting it back down, grabbing the next layer, adding the piece in my other hand, and repeat. I get really tired really fast if I have to do that too many times. My solution?
Assembly line. If Henry Ford could do it, so can I!
- I cut all that I needed of each piece of cardstock or paper for my layers.
- I took the Whisper White pieces and stamped all around the edges to create my background pieces, one color at a time.
- I put the sentiment on a Stamparatus plate, then stamped all down a 7″ piece of cardstock using the “Hinge-Step” stamping technique. (Let me know if you’d like more info about this!). Then I cut them to the height I needed.
- I stamped all of the to-be-punched images on Whisper White Cardstock and then colored them all in with each of the three colors I was going to use, one color at a time. I didn’t have to keep replacing the caps on my markers as I would have had to do if I colored in each image all at once.
- I punched all of the stamped images and then all of the coordinating cardstock.
- I scored all the pages of my Thick Whisper White Cardstock before then cutting them all in half to make my card bases.
- Finally I folded and burnished all the card bases.
Then I assembled the same layers for all of the cards in turn. I was done with all the cards in one day!
Here are all of the pieces for my assembly line project. And here’s a reminder of what my finished cards look like.
Next week, I’ll share with you some of the swaps that I’ll get in return for mine. I can hardly wait to see what everyone makes!