While it may seem that advertising Saturday's Hilo Council FCE (Family and Community Education) Fair may not be related to stamping, it certainly is when I'm involved! Believe it or not, there are several Stampin' Up! demonstrators and customers in this group, and there are many craft items for sale made from Stampin' Up! products. Usually, I make greeting cards, including several Mother's Day cards, because the Fair is always the day before Mother's Day.
This year, however, I branched out from all things Stampin' Up! For one thing, I knew that this winter and spring I was going to be on lots of airline flights and would have lots of time when I had nothing to do, but was away from home. So I focused on creating some crocheted coasters for my contribution to this year's fair. From February to April, whenever I was sitting waiting for something, I had my crochet cotton at the ready! I ended up with over 60 coasters ready for sale at our annual fundraiser.
Today was the day for packing all those coasters up into packages for sale at the Fair. That's where the Stampin' Up! products come in. Believe me, no matter what craft you like to sell, for whatever reason, Stampin' Up! has something to help you make an absolutely spectacular presentation! In the case of these coaster sets, I found Stampin' Up! colors and embellishments to (hopefully!) set these crafts off from the ordinary.
There are quite a few Stampin' Up! products used in making the toppers for the coaster sets. See how many you can spot in this photo:
Here they are:
- The Greenhouse Garden Stamp Set . Love those Hibiscus flowers in that set! I stamped them using the
- Lovely Lilac Classic Stampin' Pad for the petals and the
- Elegant Eggplant Classic Stampin' Pad for the accent colors in this 2-Step Stampin' Set. All this was stamped on some
- Whisper White Card Stock that was die cut with the
- Stampin' Up! Exclusive Top Note Sizzix Die. I layered that on top of some
- Lovely Lilac Card Stock and a few sheets of
- Lavender Lace Card Stock (depending on the color of the coasters).
- I tied everything together with rick-rack from the Orchard Ribbon Originals Set (tied through holes punched with the Crop-a-dile, of course) and added a butterfly accent using the
- Beautiful Wings Embosslits, exclusive from Stampin' Up! Love that little butterfly!
- Oh, and I added some texture to the background card stock using a Sizzix Texturz Plate from the Stampin' Up! Backgrounds I exclusive texture plate set.
Now everything's ready for the Fair! Here are many of the coaster sets all lined up and ready for purchase! I can't imagine packaging these coasters up any better than I could have using my wonderful Stampin' Up! products!
To purchase one of these elegantly-presented (if I say so myself!) sets, just come to the FCE Craft Fair on Saturday, May 8, 2010, at Aunty Sally's Luau Hale from 8 to noon. Oh, and there are other clubs and items for sale, too. Though I say that reluctantly, we are all great groups of people working to make East Hawaii – and the world – a better place.