Today I’m back working with a stamp set that I’ve hardly ever used. It’s the Tea Together Stamp Set, which was first introduced in the Stampin’ Up! 2019 Occasions Catalog.
I immediately fell in love with this set as I love, love, love tea parties. I used to have them a lot when I lived in New Mexico, though I’ve not had but one since I moved to Hawai’i. Hmmm. I may have to fix that? But I digress. Just because I don’t have tea parties, doesn’t mean I can’t love tea and the accroutrements that go along with it.
When I started this card, I had it in my mind that I wanted the teapot to be made out of Designer Series Paper (DSP). But when I went to the paper I’d originally thought of, it became quite clear that it was too dark for the outline of the teapot to show up when it was stamped. After flipping through lots of papers, I finally decided on a sheet from the 2019-2020 6″ x 6″ DSP Stack. Then I went searching for a background paper. A texturized cardstock might have done the trick. But I recalled having gone through the Woven Threads DSP set a bit earlier. There was a lovely piece of paper that had perfect prints to go with the Seaside Spray-colored paper from the DSP Stack. As I started to cut the paper, I realized that I could just cut one piece of the DSP and fold the bottom over to make the card front mimic a table, which is what I did. But don’t tea party tables have to have table cloths? Of course. So out came my never-used die set, Delicate Lace Dies. And poof, I had a table cloth!
Then I started looking for a sentiment. I just wasn’t in the mood to use the sentiments in the Tea Together Stamp Set – until I realized that the “Love is a warm cup of tea” was just the right size for a make-believe tea bag tag. To make the tag, I used the Darling Label Punch that comes with the Darling Label Punch Box set. I really liked the curved notches in the corners. But I did trim the tag on the sides and bottom to make it as close to the right size as I could without cutting the words off. Cute!
About the fussy cutting. Yes, I cut that entire teapot out by hand. And, yes, there is a die set that goes with the stamp set. But when you cut a piece such as this teapot, there is a slight border around the outside of the stamped area that remains. I thought that wouldn’t look all that nice when I was stamping on DSP. I wanted this teapot cut right up to the stamped line. And, yes, it took a while. But I like the way it turned out!
I adhered the teapot to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals, and then I mounted the whole thing onto a piece of Seaside Spray Cardstock then onto a piece of Thick Whisper White Cardstock. (The “thick” paper is much better for a card base that the regular Whisper White Cardstock.)
When I started this project, I had a vision of the teapot and a matching tea cup together on a card front. But once I started laying things out, it just looked too crowded for my taste. But I’d already fussy cut the cup, and I didn’t want to waste all that work.
So inside the card it went!
So my challenge to use all my carry-over stamp sets that I’ve not used much before is well on its way to completion! I wonder if I can finish the challenge before I go off on vacation next month. Hmmm. (My word of the day!)