I just have to get started on some of my April projects – yikes, it's already the 10th! But I just couldn't put my March 2016 Paper Pumpkin Kit away without making some more birthday cards for my "I'm Bringing Birthdays Back" collection!
These are not the cards that were meant to be made with the kit. But there is absolutely NO rule that you have to make the kits as they were designed. In fact, the March kit focused primarily on cards to hold gift cards. As I usually do not give gift cards as gifts, this wasn't what I wanted to make.
Let me tell you about all the pieces of this card:
- The stamped layer is all from the kit. The 2" square with the dashed border, along with the "Happy Happy" and Balloon stamp are all from the kit, and I used the Bermuda Bay Stampin' Spot from the kit to do the stamping.
- The mat behind the stamped layer is also from the kit, but was originally part of a small envelope intended to hold a gift card. The width of the Kraft colored paper envelope was 2-1/4", which made it the perfect size for this mat.
- The two banners hanging from the stamped layer are also from the kit, and I used them just as they came in one of the die-cut sheets.
- The 2" wide banner on the left side of the card front is a piece I cut out of one of the larger envelopes from the kit. It started out as a 2" x 5-1/4" rectangle, and I punched the notch using the Banner Triple Punch.
- The main layer is one-half of a card base included in the kit. I cut each card into two pieces, and I've used each piece for another card. I trimmed the layer to 4" x 5-1/4" for this card. I then matted it with a piece of Bermuda Bay Cardstock, NOT from the kit.
- The card base is a folded 8-1/4" x 5-1/2" piece of Whisper White Thick Cardstock.
- I made the bow for the card front from an 18" length of Bermuda Bay Thick Baker's Twine.
So it didn't take much from my regular stash of stuff to complete this project.
Now I can hardly wait to see what the April 2016 kit is like! For one thing, I know that there is going to be not one but TWO STAMP SETS in the April Paper Pumpkin Kit! I can hardly wait! Not only that, I've ordered 4 extra kits to use for my regular monthly card-making class in May. Once my regulars have decided whether to attend this class, I'll publicize any available openings on my Robin's Craft Room Facebook Page.
Now to clean off my work table and get to work on other projects!