Not every project that I make turns out at all as I envisioned it. Sometimes that's a good thing, as I find myself with a project that grew in a different direction than I'd planned and I end up with a card I'd be proud to send or give to a friend. But then there are times when I wonder if I shouldn't just put it in a box somewhere until it just disappears into the void. Today's project is of the latter variety.
I'm really not sure what to say about this project except to tell you my thoughts as I started on it. The first thing was that I wanted to practice the "Kissing Technique," which is something I've not done in a while. That's where you ink up a background stamp and and then press a solid stamp onto the inked stamp and stamp the solid stamp. As I had my Stamped With Love Paper Stack out on my work table, I thought of using the colors in it. I also had my brand new Petal Potpourri Stamp Set and the coordinating Flower Medallion Punch out – I hadn't put them away from my most recent Stampin' Up! order. So all I had to do was to find a good background stamp to work with. Ooops, I only own TWO background stamps! I just do not know how that happened. But out came the Dictionary Stamp and I decided to work with that.
I'm just not going to go into any more detail. You can probably see what happened – pulling out a piece of the Typeset Specialty Designer Paper to go with the Dictionary stamp, adding ribbon and a strip of the other paper. When it was all done, the whole design was out of balance and the colors didn't work. Sigh. This is why I don't write a blog post every day!
But speaking of that – tomorrow I'll share with you a project that started out with an idea and I think ended up being a winner. So don't give up on me!