Before I go into the many reasons why it’s such a good month, I should give you a little background on what it is to which you’re agreeing when you sign up as a demonstrator.
- You get to purchase a Stampin’ Up! Starter Kit – $125 US worth of products of your choice – for $99 US. There are FREE business supplies, including catalogs, included.
- You may become a demonstrator with an eye to starting a business. But you may also choose simply to be involved with Stampin’ Up! as part of your papercrafting hobby to get a discount on products.
- There is absolutely nothing that prohibits you from changing your mind and resigning as a demonstrator whenever you want. But if you do stay on as a demonstrator (and who wouldn’t want to stay on!?) you will be able right off the bat to order products at a 20% discount off catalog prices.
- To remain a demonstrator, you have to sell (or buy for yourself) a certain amount each quarter. That amount differs depending on your country. For that reason, Stampin’ Up! states the amount you must sell in terms of “Commissionable Sales Volume,” or CSV. You must sell/buy 300 CSV each quarter.
Now that that’s out of the way, here are half a dozen reasons why July is such a great month to sign up:
- Right off the bat, you get to preorder products from one of the most popular of the Stampin’ Up! catalogs – the August – December Mini Catalog, formerly known as the Holiday Catalog. You can even add preorder products to your starter kit!
- With your Starter Kit, you’re going to get a FREE pack of the new Mini catalogs, along with your FREE pack of annual catalogs.. With what you get in the preorder and those new Mini catalogs in hand, you’re going to be able to start promoting the Mini as soon as it goes live for customers in August.
- As I mentioned before, to remain as a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator you have to have sold (or bought for yourself) 300 CSV during the first full quarter after you sign up. That quarter for you new July demonstrators doesn’t happen until the quarter starting October 2020! So you have nearly 6 months to make your minimum. Of course, you’ll have such a great start that the minimum won’t be an issue. But just in case it is, you’re covered.
- You’ll still be a demonstrator in December when it’s time for the preorder sales period for the January – June 2021 Mini Catalog. That is always my favorite catalog of the year. Between buying for myself and getting orders from my customers, I always have a great December!
- Ditto for Sale-a-Bration! While we don’t yet have details about the 2021 Sale-a-Bration brochure, for the past several years the dates for the Sale-a-Bration sales period has been January through March. So you should have some preorder possibilities for that brochure, too.
- Oh, and did I mention that preorder purchases count towards your 300 CSV quarterly minimum?
So you’ve stumbled onto one of the best months to sign up as a demonstrator. What are you waiting for?