As I mentioned a few days ago, this week's I'm going to feature Designer Series Paper Sets that are going to retire at the end of next month. While I certainly have lots of such papers, I came across a few sets that I've barely used in the last year, Modern Medley being one them. I'd decided to use Modern Medley for today's blog post, but then I realized that this was the day for the SUO Challenge called, "Featuring Flowers." For some reason, I had a hard time conjuring up ideas of flowers in black and white. After searching all my Stampin' Up! supplies for some ideas, I finally decided on something that featured flowers, but was more on the graphic side than on the flowery side.
Delicate this is not, but it certainly features flowers! There are six of them which I punched using the Modern Medley Designer Series Paper Set and Stampin' Up!'s Pansy Punch. But I couldn't just have black and white (well, Very Vanilla, actually). I needed some color and chose Real Red Cardstock and Classic Ink to fill that requirement.
To give the flowers a bit more texture, I layered them up with some Real Red and Very Vanilla flowers both of which I punched using the Boho Blossoms Punch. I finished up the layering with some Real Red Candy Dots and added a sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set and punched it with the Word Window Punch. Of course, I love to tied my projects together with some ribbon, and chose both the Basic Black and Real Red 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon.
What's amazing to me is that, with all these accessories I used, not one of them is retiring! But lots of things ARE retiring, and the retiring product lists are available to you. Click on the retiring products picture up to the right under my picture. That icon will always be pointing to a list of retired products that includes an indication of which products may already have sold out.
AND DON'T FORGET THE FREE SHIPPING THIS WEEK! ANYTHING YOU BUY IS SHIPPED FREE! This offer is not limited to retiring products. If you have any questions, please let know.
And here are all the products I've used in today's project: