Once again I've taken a bit of a step away from using the designs from my 2010 Greeting Card Layouts eBook to make a Christmas Card. For one thing, those layouts from 2010, while they have all the measurements that I need and are fairly quick to make, are just not quick enough when one looks at today's date!
So off I go to find things that are quicker – and Stampin' Up! has provided for that delightfully.
So today I cut a bunch of these cards and I'm much closer to having all the cards I need for this year's Christmas mailing!
When I say, "cut," that's exactly what I mean. The Stampin' Up! Snowflake Card Thinlits Dies cut this card so that it's ready to send out just as is with that delightful snowflake cut out of both the front and back of the card, with a bit of the card folded in between.
Of course, I had to embellish the basic card a bit, and here's what I did:
- Cut just the back part of the card out of a piece of the snowflake design from the Santa & Co. Designer Series Paper (DSP) set. I have faithfully avoided the quirky snowpeople on the bottom of this sheet of paper; but there's still plenty of the snowflake design left with which to work.
- Cut a snowflake out of Marina Mist Cardstock using one of the dies in the thinlit set.
- Stamped some snowflakes from the Endless Wishes Stamp Set on the front of the card, which I'd left blank – the DSP was just on the back inside of the card.
- Cut a small snowflake from the thinlit set out of Whisper White Cardstock and added that to the DSP sheet on the back inside.
- Added a greeting using Marina Mist Classic Ink with stamps from the Endless Wishes Stamp Set.
- Finally applied a few Rhinestone Basic Jewels to the center of most of the snowflakes – different sizes for different flakes – and sponged the edges of the front part of the card with Marina Mist Classic Ink.!
Definitely quick and such a fun look for a Christmas card!
Here are the products I used to make this project. Click on a picture to find out more about the project – and take the time to purchase any of them that you really like while you're right there in my Stampin' Up! store!