Well, now that I’ve counted products, I’m finding that there are MORE THAN 10 products in it! Today I’m going to highlight another one of the flowers and it’s big, bright, button brad of a center!
This flower is also a Sizzix Embosslit. The embosslit is named, appropriately enough, Flower! This is one of three flowers in this bouquet that are "sanded" to provide a white accent in the embossed areas. The technique is very simple and requires only one of Stampin’ Up!’s Sanding Blocks. These are white blocks that have multiple uses, including this one.
Here is the recipe:
- Emblosslit Die.
- Designer Series Paper with a solid (or nearly solid) color on one side. The 2008-2009 "Patterns" paper sets all have one sheet with a solid side to it. This does NOT WORK WITH STAMPIN’ UP! CARD STOCK, as card stock is colored all the way through. Designer Series paper has a white core, and this is what you’ll be exposing. I used Pacific Point Patterns Paper for this project.
- Sanding Block
- Dotto (optional)
- Cut your flower using the Designer Series Paper and the Embosslit Die.
- Lay the cut flower with the embossed ridges facing up on a cutting surface; using a bit of Dotto helps keep it in place.
- Lightly sand the raised areas of the embossed flower with the sanding block until the white appears.
- Continue to sand until the flower image is complete
As simple as that!
I found with this flower that there are some areas that are just a bit too fine to get the full effect of the sanding. So I cheated a little here and there with a bit of white gel pen. If you look really closely, you’ll see some of the marks made with the pen. The areas on the other flowers are clearer and sand just beautifully
Now–about that huge yellow center to the flower! This is one of Stampin’ Up!’s new Corduroy Buttons in the Summer Sun color. And this one’s a brad, too!! This embosslit has a large hole in the center, which is just the right size for the brad prongs on the button. And what a nice way to accent that Summer Sun Flower Burst flower next to it!
Tomorrow we finish the bouquet!
Are you ready to buy some of those Sizzix Embosslits? They are just perfect for Wedding Cards and Favors, and June is coming! Just call (808.854.6145) or e-mail me if you have any questions or would like to place an order! Or shop for these any all of Stampin’ Up!’s Sizzix products online 24/7 at www.robinstamps.stampinup.net!