Oh, my, am I in love with the Project Life by Stampin' Up! product! There have been so many mini-trips that my husband and I have taken in the last year, and I have scrapbooked NONE of them – because I don't have the time!
Well let me tell you that time is NOT an issue with Project Life. As I may have mentioned, I've been intrigued by this idea since I started reading about it in magazines quite a while ago. But I never gave it any serious thought because I really do try to keep my Craft Room all Stampin' Up! all the time. I don't always succeed, but when I buy something that's not Stampin' Up!, it's always something small both in size and cost. Project Life would have required too much of my resources both ways, so I let it be.
Now I don't have to let it be!!! And I just this morning completed my album pages for a snorkeling trip we took last month.
As I'm sure you can see with these two pages, I haven't used much in the way of embellishments. But I'm sure that embellishments are on the way.
The bottom page is on the back of the page that I shared with you yesterday. Of course with this kind of album pocket page, you can see both through the front and the back of each page. The top page is a different layout. This is a Standard Project Life layout called, Design A. There is a similar layout where the larger (4" x 6") photos are portrait in orientation instead of landscape as this one is – it's called Design D. I also used one of the cards that came in the new Stampin' Up! Everyday Adventure Project Life Card Collection. The Bermuda Bay and Crushed Curry colors went beautifully with this project. There are also some embellishments in the Accessory Pack that Stampin' Up! sells – and that I have! But I was so excited to have these pages finished that I just left them alone. Probably not next time.
As with my last project, I printed draft wallet sized pictures of the photos I wanted to use and laid them out on top of the pocket pages. I wrote on each photo what size and orientation it should be when I was finished printing. Sometimes it's going to be the case that I can print all the photos the same size and manually crop them to the shape I want. But I wanted close ups of the photos with the fish in them, so decided printing them to size was the right way to accomplish this project.
You can see the backs of the photos and papers that I inserted into the other size of the page at the left – that's yesterday's project. And I think that the back of the High Tide Designer Series Paper sheet that I used yesterday is perfect for today's page – imagine that!
We're going to take another snorkeling tour later this week, and I'm hoping that I have some new photos to put into a page – maybe two! – following these pages in my book. I'll definitely have them done in no time!
Here are the products I used in today's project. You might recognize the "April 2014" image from yesterday. I just left the photopolymer stamps on my clear block because I thought I might use it on today's project – and I did! Now they're back in their stamp case. I didn't do much else in the way of taking pictures in April except for this snorkeling trip, so no need for April 2014 any more!