As a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I have quite a complete craft room, and I really don't need to be subscribing to Stampin' Up!'s Paper Pumpkin Monthly Kit. But, as I explained yesterday, I love getting a new stamp set and new papers in the mail every month – whether I need them or not!
Unfortunately, what has happened with me much of the time is that I look at the kit, take out the stamp set to use in other projects, and leave the kit sitting there. So, yes, I have a stack of red Paper Pumpkin Boxes in my craft room. So last month, I decided I definitely needed to DO SOMETHING with my monthly Paper Pumpkin Kit when I get it in the mail. My August kit arrived late Monday, and yesterday I made three cards. This morning, I had to get my craft room work table cleared off for a big project I'm starting, and I almost just packed up the kit to set aside.
But no! I kept my promise to myself, and made three more cards with materials in the kit, as well as some additional embellishments from my own personal stash.
To start the finishing of this project, I made two Sympathy Cards. I do not have any in my stash at the moment, and I do try to keep a few in my card box. For the top card, I just added a strip of Gold 5/8" Satin Ribbon as an additional embellishment. As with yesterday's projects, I used gold heat embossing rather than the chalk-looking White Craft Ink. The second card uses a piece of a cover of one of the boxes in the kit. I'm not making the boxes as I have no idea what I'd do with them and they'd just sit around taking up precious space in my craft room. I stamped directly onto the glossy cardstock using Jet Black StaZon Ink.
This card was just something whimsical I came up with as I really didn't want to waste that lovely pink cardstock that was meant to be used for flowers to embellish the boxes. As I was holding one in my hand wishing for some inspiration, up the inspiration popped as I glanced at my table and spotted the Papillon Potpourri Stamp Set I had out from a project earlier in the week. Bingo – butterflies! Again, I used gold heat embossing and then punched them with the Elegant Butterfly Punch. I stamped "hello" using Night of Navy Classic Ink and finished the project off with a bit of Gold 1/8" Ribbon tied around the middle of the flower die-cut.
So this month's Paper Pumpkin kit is done and history! The box and left overs are in the trash and I'm on to other projects! Now I can hardly wait until next month's Paper Pumpkin!